Myeongdong Cathedral (명동대성당 / 明洞天主教堂 / ミョンドンだいせいどう) is a Roman Catholic church located in Myeongdong (명동/明洞) neighborhood, Seoul (서울/首尔/首爾/ソウル).
The Cathedral is one of a landmark in the heart of downtown Seoul and a notable symbol of the Catholicism in Korea.
1. Opening Hours
- 24 hours (Open all year round)
The main church of the cathedral is always open for everybody. You can see many peoples are praying in the cathedral. So, you MUST keep quiet in the church.
2. Service (English Mass Time)
- Sunday Mass : 9:00 am (At the main church of the cathedral)
- Confession : Before 9:00 am Mass on Sunday
Address : 74, Myeongdong-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul, Korea (View in Google Maps)
4. How to Get There by Subway (Seoul Metro)
- Euljiro 1(il)-ga Station (을지로입구역/乙支路入口站/ウルチロイックえき) on Subway Line 2, Exit 5 (or 6)
- Myeong-dong Station (명동역/明洞站/ミョンドンえき) on Subway Line 4, Exit 6 (or 5,7,8,9,10)
- Euljiro 3(sam)-ga Station (을지로3가역/乙支路3街站/ウルチロサンガえき) on Subway Line 2 and Line 3, Exit 12 (or 10)